World Cup 2018 kicks off June 14th with Russia v. Saudi Arabia and ends with the finals on July 15th. Are your soccer loving kids looking for a way to join in the fun? We found 6 of the best places for kids to hone their soccer skills at an early age to get World Cup ready.
But first, let’s kick off World Cup 2018 with 6 Fun Facts to impress your friends.
- The 2018 World Cup is in Russia. Qatar will host in 2022.
- Uruguay hosted the first ever World Cup in 1930…and won!
- Brazil has won the tournament the most – 5 times.
- Germany has the most 2nd place finishes with 4.
- The most goals ever scored by one player in a World Cup match is 5 by Oleg Salenko of Russia.
- In 1954, Austria defeated Switzerland 7-5 in the highest scoring game in World Cup history.
Soccer Classes in Manhattan
A 5-star rated class created by former pro soccer player James Christie. Summer soccer classes are now underway until August 15th. Sign up by age group: Ages 18 months to 4 yrs, Ages 2-3 , Ages 3-4, Ages 4-6, Ages 5-8.
(1) Kick and Play Soccer for ages 12 months to 2 years is a soccer readiness program presented by Super Soccer Stars. (2) Super Soccer Stars for ages 2 to 3 years focuses on skill-building and scrimmages.
Soccer & STEM Summer Camp for ages 3 to 7 years works with the pros of Super Soccer Stars to to teach kids the fundamentals, e.g. dribbling, passing, and shooting.
Soccer Classes in Queens
Summer soccer classes for kids ages 2 to 8 years old begin July 5th. Locations: Jackson Heights, Astoria, Long Island City, Middle Village and Sunnyside.
Soccer Classes in Brooklyn
Everything from private lessons to various soccer classes for ages 18 months to 12 years!