Last week, we featured summer camps in Downtown Manhattan, so now let’s head uptown and East. Murray Hill is a neighborhood in midtown Manhattan on the East side. Full of families and boasting tons of restaurants and parks and tree-lined streets, this neighborhood is a great place to spend the day. Go farther up the 6 train and you hit the Upper East Side, which is well-known for its kid-friendly activities.
Summer Camps in Midtown East/Murray Hill
Cultivate a passion for dance through music and creative movement, while establishing the foundation of ballet technique. Classes are led by Miss Jackie. Camp runs Jul 30th 2018 – Aug 10th 2018. Mon-Fri 9am-12pm.
Sign up per week:
Sign up per day:
- Ballet/Hip Hip Dance Camp Daily Drop-In (ages 3-5)
- Ballet/Hip Hip Dance Camp Daily Drop-In (ages 6-8)
Performing arts classes for kids all summer culminating in an end-of-semester performance for your children’s biggest fans (you!). Sign up any or all weeks Jun 18th 2018 – Aug 24th 2018.
Sign up by age:
- CenterStage Stars Summer Premier (age 3-4)
- CenterStage Stars Summer (age 4-5)
- CenterStage Encore Summer (age 5-7)
Bring learning and FUN! to your young children’s pre-school experience. Weekly themes include Engineering, Acting, Cooking, Soccer, Filmmaking, and so much more. Field Trips each week and Splash Day on Friday. Age: 5 years and under. Camp runs Jun 18th – Aug 30th 2018. Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; inquire about half day option.
With NORY, this is an unique Swim and STEM summer camp. Children ages 4 to 11 years can swim in the morning, then have lunch followed by an afternoon of STEM activities. A half day Morning Camp Swim with Physique Swimming option is also available. Camp runs Jun 25th-Aug 31st 2018.
Sign up per week:
NYC’s premier STEM Camp for aspiring innovators ages 3 – 12. NORY offers 3 camps, including its partner camp with Physique Swimming. All camps run Jun 18th 2018 – Aug 17th 2018.
- Robots & Science Summer Camp
- Swim & STEM Summer Camp with Physique Swimming
- Soccer & STEM Summer Camp
Summer Camps in the Upper East Side
Summer camp explores new artists and museum exhibitions throughout the summer. This culminates in a wrap-up Friday museum art-making tour to see the artists discussed all summer. Register for any one of the 3 weeks of June camp; each week is different. 9:30-12:30 session only. Jun 11th 2018 – Jun 29th 2018.
Two options: (1) Indoor Camp Ages 2.5-6 years held at Temple Israel (112 E. 75th St.) (2) Outdoor Camp Ages 4 up to 9 years held at Randalls Island. Activities include Baseball, Football, Soccer, Basketball, Floor Hockey, and Volleyball, arts and crafts, story-time, and more. Children can participate in any or all weeks.
Summer camp for boys and girls entering Pre-K4 to 8th grade. Some of the activities and trips kids will enjoy: – Sports, Arts & Crafts, Day Trips, Music, Dance & Yoga, Tennis, Swimming, Yankees and Mets Games, Transit Museum, Intrepid Museum, Bronx Zoo, New York Botanical Gardens. Camp runs Jul 2nd 2018 – Aug 10th 2018.
Provide toddlers to tweens with inspiring math instruction and STEM-based summer camps. Real-life rocket scientist, Scott Heifetz, founded Launch with one mission in mind: Inspire children to love and learn math and science.
Sign up by area of interest:
- I Wanna Be…A Marine Biologist! Summer STEM Camp at Launch
- I Wanna Be…An Archaeologist! Summer STEM Camp at Launch
- Coding + Gaming STEM Camp at Launch
- Engineering a Metropolis STEM Camp at Launch
- I Wanna Be…A Techie! Summer STEM Camp at Launch
- Biorobotics: Machines Among Us! STEM Camp at Launch
- I Wanna Be…A Sports Scientist! Summer STEM Camp at Launch
- Freaky Forces & Elusive Energies – Physics STEM Camp at Launch