World Cup 2018 kicks off June 14th with Russia v. Saudi Arabia and ends with the finals on July 15th. Are your soccer loving kids looking for a way to join in the fun? We found 6 of the best places for kids to hone their soccer skills at an early age to get World Cup ready.
But first, let’s kick off World Cup 2018 with 6 Fun Facts to impress your friends.
- The 2018 World Cup is in Russia. Qatar will host in 2022.
- Uruguay hosted the first ever World Cup in 1930…and won!
- Brazil has won the tournament the most – 5 times.
- Germany has the most 2nd place finishes with 4.
- The most goals ever scored by one player in a World Cup match is 5 by Oleg Salenko of Russia.
- In 1954, Austria defeated Switzerland 7-5 in the highest scoring game in World Cup history.
Soccer Classes in Manhattan
A 5-star rated class created by former pro soccer player James Christie. Summer soccer classes are now underway until August 15th. Sign up by age group: Ages 18 months to 4 yrs, Ages 2-3 , Ages 3-4, Ages 4-6, Ages 5-8.
(1) Kick and Play Soccer for ages 12 months to 2 years is a soccer readiness program presented by Super Soccer Stars. (2) Super Soccer Stars for ages 2 to 3 years focuses on skill-building and scrimmages.
Soccer & STEM Summer Camp for ages 3 to 7 years works with the pros of Super Soccer Stars to to teach kids the fundamentals, e.g. dribbling, passing, and shooting.
Soccer Classes in Queens
Summer soccer classes for kids ages 2 to 8 years old begin July 5th. Locations: Jackson Heights, Astoria, Long Island City, Middle Village and Sunnyside.
Soccer Classes in Brooklyn
Everything from private lessons to various soccer classes for ages 18 months to 12 years!
Author: Kidz Central Station
Founded by a NYC mom of two young children, Kidz Central Station uses technology to solve the problem so many busy parents face—how to find, book, and manage their children’s classes, camps, local family events, and birthday parties. Kidz Central Station offers more than 20,000 classes, camps, and birthday party options representing hundreds of NYC’s top activity providers. With a sophisticated search engine and class reviews, it is easy for parents to find the best classes for their children, sign up for a trial class, and directly enroll.