MLK Day is Monday, January 21, 2019, a day to commemorate the legacy of American civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It is also a wonderful day to get the kids out and involved in activities around the city to take part in this day of remembrance. Here is a selection of classes and camps available to our kids to celebrate the day.
- January Jam Mini Dance Camp // January 21 // Upper East Side // 9:30am-12:30pm. Join Dance Workshop NY & Shibley Day Camp for a morning of dance, games, crafts and fun!
- Martin Luther King Robots & Science Camp // January 21 // Manhattan and Brooklyn // 9am-3pm. Kids ages 3-7 will use their strengths, as well as develop new skills, to program a robot and build circuits and structures
- Pokemania // January 21 // Astoria // 1:30-2:30pm. Join Snapology as students build and explore the world of Pokemon and create their own gyms, battles, and even their very own generation of Pokemon.
- Stop Motion Animation Camp for KIds // January 21 // Brooklyn // 9am – 4pm. Spend an exciting and informative Camp day making your very own Stop Motion Animation Clip!
- NEW Creatively Wild- 2 HR Toddler Workshop Class // January 21 // Brooklyn // 9-11am. For Creative Toddlers (ages 2-4) who want to dig in and get their hands dirty!
- ART CAMP for Kids // January 21 // Brooklyn // 9am – 4pm. Spend an action-packed day with Creatively WILD exploring artistic materials and techniques.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Fashion Camp // January 21 // Midtown West // Half-day or Full day. Kids ages 6-12 will join The Fashion Class for a day of fashionable fun & sewing.
- Wildlife Mini-Camp: MLK Day Camp // January 21 // Queens Zoo // 9am-3pm. Campers learn about the rights that animals have and about the conservation efforts happening at the Queens Zoo!
- Holiday Kids Camp! // January 21 // 9am – 12:30pm // Karma Kids Yoga. A super fun Holiday Camp to our preschooler community!
- Yoga Rainbow Holiday Workshop // January 21 // 10am – 12pm or 1 – 3pm // In Grandma’s Attic. Students study and practice yoga poses fused seamlessly with movement and dancing.
- Babysitter Certification / Ages 11-15 // January 20 // 9am – 2pm // UES at 92Y. This class covers basic child development, infant and child care, first aid, emergency procedures, age-appropriate toys, business hints and tips for managing parents’ expectations.
- Saturday Morning Show // January 19 // 10am – 12pm // Hudson Eats at Brookfield Place. FREE to attend. Food and beverage options available for purchase.
- Make Your Dream Candy Bar // Fri-Mon // Many times available // Chocolate Works UES. This delicious activity can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how elaborate the masterpiece becomes!
- In-Home Private Music Lessons // Fri-Mon // Choose your time // Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens. A teacher comes home and gives music lessons to your kids! Ages 4+.
Author: Kidz Central Station
Founded by a NYC mom of two young children, Kidz Central Station uses technology to solve the problem so many busy parents face—how to find, book, and manage their children’s classes, camps, local family events, and birthday parties. Kidz Central Station offers more than 20,000 classes, camps, and birthday party options representing hundreds of NYC’s top activity providers. With a sophisticated search engine and class reviews, it is easy for parents to find the best classes for their children, sign up for a trial class, and directly enroll.